My husband, Bob and I have lived in New Canaan since 2002, and we have four children who have benefited from our school system. After serving four years on the Board of Education, I am running for Town Council and I hope you will support me.
My experience on the Board of Education allowed me to share the voice of the community on matters that impacted our children’s education in school. My goal on Town Council is to continue to bring community input to the table as we deal with town-wide challenges, and work for positive solutions which impact town residents.
After working at GE Capital, I spent 18 years in education, as both a teacher and consultant. I worked in many capacities, with students, teachers and administrators at all levels in school systems around Fairfield County. I received a Master’s of Arts in Teaching from Sacred Heart University in 1995, and continued with extensive graduate coursework in Instructional Technology and Educational Leadership. I hold certification in K-8 education and Intermediate Administration. I am currently a licensed Realtor working with Halstead.
I hope you will VOTE for me for Town Council.
• Sacred Heart University – M.A.T. Teaching – Certification in K-8 Teaching and Intermediate Administration
• Licensed Realtor – currently Realtor with Halstead CT
• Parent/Student Advocate – fought for student data privacy, resulting in passage of CT PA16-189, organized and presented at local forums on education
• Past writer of “Education Matters” in NCAdvertiser
• Member – New Canaan Board of Education – 4 years
• Member – CES Rep Council
• Member – League of Women Voters
• Republican Town Committee – 2 years
• Former Board Member – Connecticut Education Computer Association (CECA)
• St. Aloysius School – Former Teacher and Director of Admissions
• St. Aloysius Church – Emmaus and Community Volunteer
• Years of residence in New Canaan: 17 years