Message From the Chairman
Welcome! Thank you for visiting the New Canaan Republican Town Committee’s website. Our mission is to recruit and support qualified Republicans to serve in the best interest of all New Canaan residents. The New Canaan Republican Town Committee has been instrumental in identifying candidates who have helped shape our town into what it is today.
Despite the Democrat-led state government handing us two of the largest tax increases in Connecticut’s history, our Republican leadership in New Canaan has continued to maintain low taxes and provide one of the best school systems in Connecticut while supporting our seniors.
We have a track record of tremendous success, and we could not have achieved this success without our many volunteers. There are plenty of ways to volunteer and keep New Canaan a great place to raise a family and retire. Please let us know if you have an interest in serving on one of the town’s Boards or Commissions or supporting our Republican candidates who will represent New Canaan in the Connecticut General Assembly.
Patrick Donovan, Chair
The RTC Chairman is always looking for new volunteers for endorsement by the Committee to serve in appointed positions on various town boards and commissions, and also volunteers who may wish to serve as a member of the RTC. Email Pat Donovan at email@example.com.
Join Our Mailing List
Stay on top of local elections and political events.
Support Your Local Republican Party
To donate by Credit Card:
Or download a contribution form and mail it with your personal check (company checks are not permitted by CT statute) made payable to “New Canaan Republican Town Committee” to:
Gene Goodman, Treasurer,
327 Old Norwalk Rd,
New Canaan, CT 06840
Next Monthly Meeting, October 12, 2021 at 7:30 PM at the New Canaan Town Hall
The New Canaan Republican Town Committee will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 PM on October 12. The RTC usually meets the second Monday of every month at Town Hall, but due to Columbus Day will be meeting on Tuesday, October 12. We will be meeting in the Board Room on the second floor of Town Hall. The meeting is open to all registered New Canaan Republicans.
For Immediate Release
Notice of Republican Caucus Candidates
(New Canaan, CT, September 1st, 2021) – In accordance with the bylaws and rules of the New Canaan Republican Town Committee (RTC), the following named persons were endorsed in the caucus as candidates for the following elective offices to be voted upon in the municipal election on Tuesday, November 2021.
• First Selectman (1 seat): Kevin J. Moynihan, 330 Elm Street, #6
• Selectman (1 seat): Nick Williams, 1194 Smith Ridge Road
• Town Clerk (1 seat): Claudia A. Weber, 523 Main Street
• Town Treasurer (1 seat): Andrew Brooks, 43 Park Place
• Board of Education (3 seats for 4-year term): Dan Bennett, 126 Butler Lane; Philip Hogan, 50 Old Studio Road; Julie Toal, 55 Running Brook Lane
• Board of Education (1 seat for 1-year term): Hugo Alves, 36 Parish Road
• Board of Assessment Appeals (2 seats): Pavla Levin, 74 Clapboard Hill Road; Kevin P. McIntosh, 38 Mead Street
• Town Council (4 seats): Tom Butterworth, 452 Main Street; Luke J. Kaufman, 147 Field Crest Road; Kimberly Norton, 17 Green Avenue; Penny Young, 52 Indian Rock Road
The RTC has nominated the following named persons, in compliance with RTC rules, to be endorsed as candidates for the elective office of Constable. Constable candidates do not file petitions.
• Constable (4 seats): Arvind Bajaj, 149 Parish Road; Jill Guzzetti, 106 Lakeview Avenue, #4234; Mary Anne Mercogliano, 77 Grove Street; Gregory Pepe, 36 Fitch Lane
A copy of the bylaws and rules of the RTC are available online at newcanaanrepublicans.org.