New Canaan has been my home for 33 years. My husband Marty and I have raised three daughters, Catherine, Lauren, and Caroline, all of whom attended and benefited from the New Canaan Public School System.
By profession, I am a licensed Architect, a published author and an entrepreneurial strategic planner with extensive management and organizational skills. I am a graduate of the Cooper Union, Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture.
I worked at JP Morgan in their real estate and facilities division, focusing on procedures, compliance, construction, contract negotiations, fast tracking, budgeting, financial analysis, and leading teams. These are a part of the skill set that I bring to this position.
Based in Connecticut my practice consulted for Towers Perrin, designed the New Canaan Nature Center Facilities, and work with corporate and private enterprises.
I presently serve on Town Council, representing New Canaan residents with honesty and integrity. The Town Council is by Charter the legislative body of our town and is the only elected office with final approval on budgets and bonding. The constitution of the Town Council membership is most critical to the checks and balances of our town government. Thirty years of experience as a license architect, my volunteering work in New Canaan and my committee and board appointments have provided me with a wide-open view of how our government works, how it behaves, and the improvements required to improve our system of government. Yes, we as a town can improve greatly given the courage to act and your vote of support.
There are many qualities one can bring to the Town Council, but what is most important is to capture a wide range of expertise. I will bring to the Council a professional level of expertise experience and commitment to serve the residents first and foremost.
In wanting to play a more active role in the New Canaan community early on, I chose to become a part of the volunteering efforts at all levels.
Elected /Appointed Town Positions
- Town Council Member – 8 yrs.
o TC – Infrastructure & Utilities Subcommittee Co-Chair. o TC – Finance & Government Subcommittee.
o TC – Public Safety Subcommittee.
- Open Space & Conservation Committee 2 yrs.
- Park & Recreation Commission for 10 yr.
- Co-Chaired the effort to purchase Irwin Park.
- Open Space & Conservation Committee 2 yrs.State/Local Board Positions:
- Preservation Connecticut Board Member.
- New Canaan Mounted Troop Advisory Board 10 yrs.
- New Canaan Nature Center Past Board Member.
- New Canaan Women’s Republican Club – President 2 yrs.
- New Canaan Republican Town Committee 20 yrs.
o RTC Vice Chair 2 yrs.
o RTC Personnel Committee Chairman 4 yrs.
- Norwalk Hospital Foundation- Gala Committee 6 yrs.
- New Canaan Young Women’s League Member 6 yrs.
- New Canaan Cares – Kitchen Tour Committee.
- St Marks Church White Elephant Sale.